* Note: In May - August, Level 1 (7-7:55pm PDT) class overlaps with Introduction to Chen Taijiquan.
[7 - 7:55 pm PDT] Level 1: Wuji & Energy Development
Guided practices on Wuji Qigong and foundational energy development training, including:
- Taiji Cloud Hands / Silk Reeling Exercises (雲手 / 纏絲功)
- Taiji Four Cardinal Energy Drills (四正手法)
- paired work (not Pushhands)
- other standing or qigong exercises
[8 - 9 pm PDT] Level 2: Advanced Topics
Prerequisite: at least one year of studies in Chen Style Taijiquan.
Each month we will work on a different topic related to the classic Chen Taiji forms. Below is a sample list of potential topics that are subject to change depending on student interests and requests:
- Challenging postures in Laojia Yilu (LJYL): balance and pivots
- The three kinds of Dantian rotation in LJYL
- Building blocks of Jian (Straight Sword) set
- How to practice (for) Pushhands by yourself